Testing New Services Page
If you have ever seen someone with an ingrown toenail, then you know how much these hurt.
Ingrown toenails can affect all ages- young and elderly. They occur when a small piece of nail breaks through the skin causing pain and sometimes infection.
Causes of ingrown toenails:
- Incorrect nail cutting techniques- cutting too much or not enough nail
- Shape of nail- curved, thickened, wide nail plate
- Poorly fitting footwear- increasing pressure on a sensitive nail
- Trauma or damage to the toenail- stubbing your toe
Often we see clients who have tried to fix their ingrown nail themselves- generally making their problem worse!
Always see a professional- we are experts in fixing ingrown nails.
Ingrown toenails hurt!
Left untreated they can lead to ongoing pain and infection.
In most cases, we will gently trim the problematic nail edge to make your toe comfortable and prevent reoccurance. We will discuss a dressing plan and help provide you with the tricks and tools to prevent it again in the future.
Long term solutions for recurrent ingrown nails
For those where infection or pain continues, a simple ingrown nail procedure can be performed under local anaesthetic to permanently remove a small portion of the nail. How amazing is that?
Quick prevention tips
- Foot and leg assessment completed by your podiatrist involving specific measurements and tests to check foot function and a video walking/running assessment.
- 3D scans of your feet are taken which create an exact likeness of your foot in its corrected position.
- A customised prescription along with 3D scans of your feet is then sent to a orthotic laboratory to be manufactured.