Ouch. Not the dreaded plantar fasciitis. Foot pain is not something you need to live with!
Are you dreading getting out of bed in the morning because of your painful feet?
Struggling with pain at the end of the day or every time you try to exercise?
Plantar fasciitis is so common, it’s estimated that 1 in 4 people will experience it at some point. Pain usually presents on the bottom or side of your heel and can range from mild to severe in nature.
As experts, we successfully treat plantar fasciitis on a daily basis.
Heel Pain can be caused by many different factors. And it’s important to know that not all heel pain is Plantar Fasciits.
The factors that we assess during your appointment include:
- Investigating your area of pain (what anatomy is involved)
- Checking what’s happening with your feet when you are moving and how this contributes to your problem
- Footwear assessment
- Strength and Flexibility of surrounding muscle groups
At Heal Focus Podiatry, we use a combined treatment approach to get rid of your pain and provide you with the tools for management in the long term.
We put together a management plan to treat your heel pain that is individual to your unique circumstances and needs.
Treatment options may include a combination of:
- Taping to support the foot
- Hands on therapy including massage, dry needling and foot mobilisation
- Home exercise program to address strength and flexibility
- Footwear changes and in shoe support/paddings
- Orthotics to reduce force loading and pressure on overloaded structures
We get you back to doing what it is you love (and are missing out on). As we understand being active is important to your health and wellbeing, we aim to keep you moving during your recovery.